Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Mask


Today was quite a day, and it included (ta-dah) another haircut! Dennis is now very completely shorn, in part to accomodate the production of a radiation mask. Rather than protection, the mask is for stabilization when he has his radiation treatments.


After the first mask was not a good fit we walked down the hill and Lan did wonders to remove that bulky beard. He's lookin good!


It is possible Dennis will hear about being in the clinical study by tomorrow. That will be a relief. Dennis is ready to begin, and he is determined to fight as hard as he can.


Several friends came for a visit, and this was particularly nice. The sun came out at the end of the day and we felt like we'd accomplished lots. Best, Faith and Dennis

2 comments:

Pete said...

Hey, Dennis! Seeing you without the beard reminds me that I probably should not consider shaving... I thinks it's been 19 years since the last time and I frightened the children. Well, maybe "frightened" is too strong a word, but it certainly disturbed them at the time. I'm headed "Back East" in early August with a stop over in Seattle... I'll check in with you folks and see if you've got time for a visit. Pete

Scott said...

Ok Brother, Head hair is one thing. Face hair has the functional aspect of covering up butt ugly and chin fat. I can't follow this trend setting move with you my friend, even if you can out handsome the razor.