Monday, July 27, 2009

The beginning of hot days this week...

Today was the hottest day since I arrived here July 6th; somewhere in the mid-nineties. Being from Ketchikan, where very little summer heat breaks 70 degrees, this is more than a little tough on me under the best of conditions. Given that nearly every phase of my treatment here carries warnings about suffering from heat, it's even greater concern to me. I realized, when we came out after my 9:20 Radiology appointment, that having early radiation treatment, as scheduled this week, is a hidden bonus. While it was starting to get warm, it was still well below its high point this afternoon, so heading over to a close local grocery store and heading back to the apartment worked fine. An hour or two later, like last week, would have been problematic. Sometimes, scheduling works just fine for reasons that occured to no one at the time it was made...

The rest of today we spent inside, reading magazines and dinking on the computer. Actually, I did send several serious emails to people, all of whom have responded to me. So some work was done -- but mostly we just endured the heat. Much cooler in the apartment, so that was good.

We have company tomorrow and later in the week, so the next few reports should be more interesting. Hope all is well with all of you...

Dennis & Faith, with Gary

3 comments:

Pigtails said...

Hi Dennis-

Wanted to say we love your hats. Found this song that describes you to a tee.,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42N9a0qYscc

We're sure you miss sneaking around in the woods too, so we found this video (do not know the people who made it), but it's great...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGsxgL3tbNk

Have an awesome week.

Love,
Pam and Rusty

P.S. - It was 110-degrees in Roosevelt yesterday. Fruit bars really help.

Pete said...

Yee haw! Great deer hunt video. Having grown up in the UP and spending 5 years in Minnesota, that video brought a tear to my eye. Dennis - take care and stay out of that doggoned sun. Getting hot (80 degrees) here in Juneau, too, but nothing to compare with Seattle. Even the residents have to be complaining. I'll give you a holler before I head south on Aug 6. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on a new water pump for the boat. Silvers are biting and I'm sitting in the harbor on the upended engine hatch drinking beer and dreaming up stories. Pete

Denise Tomlin said...

Stands With Phone! Love your descriptions of your days - tell Gary hey for me. Your Sunday, Sunday made me nostalgic. My Mama's and the Papa's vinyl was the very first album I ever owned -and it had Sunday, Sunday on it!
Wish I could send you some of our cool weather - Denver highs in the 60s and 70s in late July...
Denise