Monday, October 19, 2009

Back to Seattle...this time from Missoula...

Last week I forgot to do our Blog on Sunday night, but this time I didn't do it Sunday night on purpose. Waited until Monday night, that is. Last Wednesday, Kona and I put the truck on the Alaska Marine Highway System ferry Malaspina and headed south. About seven weeks are scheduled down here, in several states. Four of my every-other-week Avastin infusions will take place during this trip -- the first one happened this morning. And one of the reasons I didn't write the Blog entry last night is that I flew into Seattle; stayed overnight at the Inn at Virginia Mason; got up early this morning for the infusion process; finished it up mid-day; went to Neurology to get the Temodar; and headed back to the airport at 2:00 pm. Whew! Only three more of those from Montana -- and about 18 more from Ketchikan. But things are going very well; my blood tests are coming out well, and I feel better every week.

Now I'm back at my friends' house in Missoula, getting ready to start my fall hunting trip here. Kona has happily renewed her long-term relationship with Luke, their older German Wirehair, and is getting to know Maggie, their five-month-old puppie version. The next few weeks, I hope to be able to spend more time talking about hunting than chemotherapy...

That's the story so far...have a great week...

Dennis & Faith

2 comments:

Pete said...

Aaa, the hunt. And friends. Say hello to your hosts for me. I hope to visit the retirees gathering next year and it would be great to stop by. Good hunting, Dennis. Let us know how it goes.

Unknown said...

And I thought I was busy! Glad it is going well!
Love ya, Jenny